Monday, March 1, 2010

Challenge #51: 20/10

Welcome the new decade. Now that we are well underway in a new year we want to celebrate the year 2010. Use up your alpha's to create a title with a minimum of 20 letters and add a further 10 embellishments of any sort to your project. Or instead of the title, include journaling of at least 20 words and 10 embellies of any sort. Be creative and choose your own 20/10 combination (20 different papers, 10 different colors...etc etc)


Be sure and comment with a link to your *newly created* project so we can see and comment on them. From all entries linked no later than 20th March 2010, 16:00hrs EST we will choose one overall winner, who will be crowned our Queen of the Crap no later than 25th March 2010.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


One of our very own DT members Tara has so generously offered up a fabulous kit from her store Up the Street Scrapbooking. You can see more pics on the blog.



We will be periodically having prizes up for grabs to those who scrap their crap as a reward for all your hard work :)

*** If you link us to an online gallery, make sure that you only use one for which we do not need to register in order to view/comment ***


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kim:

I am working on a mini book at the moment, which includes concert tickets/passes and pictures of gigs I have been at. While I still remember the fun times I thought it best to get them down on paper :)
For this layout, I used 10 different papers and created 20 punched cardstock circles as my embellishments.


It wasn't even as difficult as I thought to use so many papers. Go on and have a try yourself.
By the way: the picture shows me and Leatherwolf bassist Paul, after their 1989 gig in Hamburg/Germany


Illy:


I have tons of scraps of patterned paper on my desk, this is the occasion to finally use them! I used 20 different patterned papers cut in stripes, and 10 text lines for my journaling (including the title).
I altered my photo with warm water, sand paper and oil pastels. For the title I outlined chipboard letters with a fine marker.



Leslie:


I have been wanting to scrap these photos for a long time (2005, yikes!) My husband and I spend a lot of time refurbishing our old apartment, so the title was not hard to come by! My full title is 20 letters/numbers, and I used 10 paper embellishments and 10 pieces of paper to frame my photos.



Angela:


I thought this challenge would be harder than it was! My title is twenty letters/numbers and because the theme was "10 Things About You," I bulleted each thing with a button or brad, using ten embellishments! I have three kids so I ended up making a similar page for each of them, which you can view, along with a materials list, on my blog.



Tara:



I've had these photos since last spring and couldn't seem to do anything with them. Yes ... that's a frog eating a mouse. I challenged myself to use exactly 20 letters for my title. And for my 10 embellishments, I've used Prima Pearls & Crystals here and there. I've used Up The Street's February kit and you can see more photos of my layout on my blog.

Kristin:


I am addicted to flowers but with two boys I do not get to use them as much as I would like too ...so I decided to use them as part of my background and then I saw in Scrapbook Trends this cool page that this gal did with stacking their photos ...sometimes I wish there were 10 of me to get things done around this house ...lol


Michelle:



Girls, do I have ribbons. This challenge was just begging to use snippets of the stash I have. So with this challenge I used 20 of them and in a row. I wanted to keep all of the color onto one side and I still had to put 10 somethings on it before I finished, without it looking too ridiculous. BUTTONS, glorious little plastic buttons. I had to refrain from using more than 10 though and restraint is a word I don't like to use much,
but what scrapper does. LOL


Brianna:

I was so excited for this challenge,i have seen the use of jumbled letters in a title before and had to put my spin on it!i am a BIG fan of handstitching on my layouts,so i stitched 20 letters for my title,and for my star border i used,yep you guessed it,10 of them!Yay for 2010!


Sarah

I doodled 20 lines in black pen, created two lines of bling – one has 20 dots the other has 10, there are 20 words in my journaling, I sewed on 10 buttons and added 10 pearls to the ribbon along the bottom. I also inked the edges of the pp along the bottom, the arrows are stamped and the little bird is chipboard. There are more close-ups on my my blog.

Don't forget to link us your work for a chance at the new kit from Up the Street Scrapbooking.

26 comments:

bombamagagna said...

illy FOR PRESIDENT!! yeah! ;D

Brianna Marshall said...

awesome layouts girls!there is some serious talent here,so honored to be on this team!

Kristin said...

Wow ...you gals soooo rock ...i am going to have to kick mine up for next month ....

Angela Fehr said...

I love seeing everyone's projects - there is inspiration to get me going in each layout!

Lita said...

Right on ladies! They are all magnificant! I love all the talent here~!

Tami said...

Dang you girls ROCK! I am fo suh in on this one!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the gorgeous Illy's LO :-)!!!great pages everybody! TFS

Ciacchina said...

bellissimi LO!

ellen s. said...

these are frickin' rad! love them

Irit Shalom said...

Great dt jobs and I think my is ok
10 letters for the title, 20 embells
http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/2010/03/dads-lil-sun-lo.html
hope you like it- I do//

Tara said...

I love that everyone has such a different style. Great stuff everyone! Looking forward to see how others interpret the challenge :)

Gio said...

Great interpretations!!

Unknown said...

Great projects ladies! This looks like a great DT! I am going to work on a project to submit for the challenge. Should be fun...

Lesley Langdon said...

Beautiful examples girls and great challenge.

Here is my layout!
http://lesleylangdoncreative.blogspot.com/2010/03/bad-girls-bleuprint-and-scrap-your-crap.html

Thanks for inspiration, I don't think I've ever done a title this long!

Krystle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystle said...

Here's mine (second layout in the post):
http://hightimesinthehighdesert.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-clerkship.html

I used 10 letters for the title and 20 x 2 letters for my journaling.

Kyky said...

WOW!! every Lo is soo amazing!!
my fave: Illy (of course :) ) As I wrote in your blog, I love how you distressed the photo and I love THE TITLE!!!
Now, I think I'll have a tour in the other DT's blogs!
thanks everyone!

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh great challenge and LOVE all the super fun DT work!!!!

I got to this challenge this weekend so here's my take on it:
http://scrappydayinparadise.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrap-your-crap.html

Alecia Wolfford said...

LOVED this challenge too, super fun!! And FAB work by the Design Team!!

I chose 20 words of journaling and 10 embellishments!

Thanks for the inspiration!!

http://aleciac.blogspot.com/2010/03/kenny-layout-hey-everyone-im-back-again.html

Kyky said...

it wasn't easy!! but I did it :)
http://kykyscrap.blogspot.com/2010/03/inspired-bysyc-illy-3-of-kind.html

thanks!!

Unknown said...

This wasn't hard, but did take me forever to make it look right! But I used up the rest of my clear buttons...which I wasn't planning on using again. So that was a plus, made room for something to fill that slot in the bin :)

Here is my link:

http://plaidpolkadots.blogspot.com/2010/03/2010.html

JoAnn said...

Here is a link to my creation. It is the second picture (red layout). Thanks JoAnn
http://dykegrrl711rn.blogspot.com/2010/03/brand-new-stuff.html

Rita said...

this is my LO...
http://scrapperita.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrap-your-crap-challenge-51-2010.html
I discovered this blog thanks to Illy... and I like it!!!!!!!

Erica912 said...

I gave this a shot - although I don't enjoy using up all my alpha's ;)
http://ericascraps.blogspot.com/2010/03/frosty-snowman.html

Miss StampAlot said...

http://rastahobby.blogspot.com/2010/01/lappe-kort-fra-papir-rester.html

Lita said...

Looking great ladies. I love looking at all the different styles out there

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP